POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Writing binary files with POV script : Writing binary files with POV script Server Time
4 Aug 2024 02:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Writing binary files with POV script
From: JC (Exether)
Date: 22 Aug 2003 04:35:18
Message: <3f45d5c6$1@news.povray.org>
I would like to generate a df3 file directly from a pov script,
generating it from pigments, a bit like Gilles' makecloud macro. But I
had a look at the documentation, and it seems that you can only output
text to a file.

So I was wondering if there was a trick to do it, and if not, if it's
going to be implemented in some next POVray version.

JC
PS: I know I can generate images with povray and make a df3 file with
some utility, but I already have too much utilities installed and I'd
like to do it in one step.